The Mantra for Outdoor Living: Recharge and Relax
Written by Carollyn Farrar, NW Natural marketing program manager
Thinking about a backyard refresh? Check out the 2017 NW Natural Parade of Homes this September. Experience the hottest trend today, outdoor living. Today’s outdoor room extends the kitchen, dining and family room and provides opportunities for socializing while connecting with nature.
An outdoor room can range from a patio with a gas grill to an entire backyard sanctuary.
When it comes to outdoor living must-haves, this year’s NW Natural Parade of Homes does not disappoint. Gardens with landscaped spaces include gorgeous fireplaces with colorful LED lights that shine through crushed glass fire beds.
Don’t miss the natural gas grilling systems with 525 sq. inches of infrared rotisserie grilling. With up to 80,000 BTU of output, flame stabilizing grids that minimize flare-ups and heat zone separators that isolate temperature zones, BBQ mavens-in-the-making command complete control of the flame, from low heat for slow smoking and grilling, to high heat for braising and searing.
Natural gas grills are the secret sauce of gourmet cooking. They offer:
- A flame at the touch of a button; never run out of fuel.
- Today’s cost of natural gas is lower than it was fifteen years ago. Grilling with propane is about three times more expensive than natural gas.
- Mount on a permanent post, build into a brick base or put on a cart with a quick-disconnect feature so natural gas grills can be moved easily.
Here are a few more natural gas fueled products to help customize an outdoor space for entertaining:
- Natural gas fire pits. Few things compare to sitting around a campfire with friends and family. And nothing tastes better than a sweet and messy s’more. Fire pits can be built-in or portable and radiate heat in a complete circle.
- Natural gas patio heaters can extend the outdoor living season without the worries of running out of fuel. Patio heaters radiate heat 20 to 25 feet in all directions, and there are many choices, including free-standing, or they can be mounted on posts, walls or ceilings.
- Gas convenience outlets allow for a safe, easy connect and disconnect of outside gas appliances when not in use and stored. An automatic shut off valve prevents gas from flowing until the appliance is correctly connected again.
Refreshing an outdoor space provides an opportunity to entertain, recharge and relax. Designed outdoor spaces add value to families and property. Transform any backyard into a retreat with natural gas appliances. Enjoy the 2017 NW Natural Parade of Homes this fall.